- Abnormal uterine bleeding, and excessive or prolonged menstrual bleeding.
- Amenorrhea. The absence of menstrual bleeding.
- Oligomenorrhea. Light or infrequent menstruation.
- Fibroids. Noncancerous uterine tumors.
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS). Physical and emotional discomfort prior to menstruation.
- Premenstrual dysphonic disorder (PMDD). Severe physical and emotional discomfort prior to menstruation.
Novasure Endometrial Ablation
NovaSure endometrial ablation is a one-time, five-minute procedure. NovaSure endometrial ablation is a one-time, five-minute procedure that can safely and effectively reduce or eliminate heavy menstrual bleeding (another term used for abnormal uterine bleeding). No incisions are required, leaving your uterus intact.
Abnormal of Heavy Periods
Menorrhagia is the medical term for menstrual periods with abnormally heavy or prolonged bleeding. Although heavy menstrual bleeding is a common concern, most women don’t experience blood loss severe enough to be defined as menorrhagia.